Student Spotlight: Dirk Kilgore

Freshman+Dirk+Kilgore+hangs+out+on+the+sidelines+at+the+Bison+playoff+game+in+November.+Kilgore+was+unable+to+play+in+the+game+after+receiving+a+concussion+the+week+before.+

a garcia photo

Freshman Dirk Kilgore hangs out on the sidelines at the Bison playoff game in November. Kilgore was unable to play in the game after receiving a concussion the week before.

He may be the youngest on the team, but he sure doesn’t play like it. Freshman Dirk Kilgore is one of the two freshman on varsity and has also started. He has astonished the crowds this year with his talent and skill.

“Dirk’s a phenomenal athlete full of capacity and potential,” freshman Sheri Donaldson said. “He has a bright future ahead of him.”

Kilgore not only participates in basketball, he is also involved in other sports such as football and track. The JV football boys were runner up district champions this year, only losing one game. He is also a member of the Spanish Club.

“I like to be involved in sports,” Kilgore said. “Not only is it fun, but it’s also a way for me to show everyone what I am capable of.

Dirk is known for his humorous personality, always putting a smile on someone’s face. Dirk used to live in Kentucky; he has six siblings here in Buffalo, and his favorite color is green. He loves to play basketball and one of the reasons why he’s really good is because he always played one on one with his brother Rhett.

“When you think of Dirk, you think of basketball,” sophomore Nadia Garcia said. “He loves it so much, and he’s always talking about his games.”